Syringe Driver Training for Care Home Staff
Join our Consultant Pharmacist and Clinical Nurse Specialists to learn more about using syringe drivers, and the medications we may use as someone approaches the end of their life.
This session will be interactive.
By the end of the session, you should
- Understand the rationale for using a syringe driver to deliver medication
- Be confident in setting up a new syringe driver prescription
- Understand and be competent to perform the necessary regular checks on the equipment
- Be confident in explaining use of the device to patients, relatives, and other staff
- Understand more about the medications that may be used for someone approaching the end of life
Location: Sobell House
Study Centre, Sobell House