Principles of Palliative Care
This introductory day for health and social care professionals will help to demystify palliative care, unpick what is meant by holistic care, and develop understanding of how we can help people to "live until they die".
Having introduced the concepts of palliative and end of life care, the course will explore the essential practices necessary for the delivery of high quality care. (Priorities for Care of the Dying Person, 2014)
During the day participants will have the opportunity to deepen their knowledge and understanding of the topics in a safe and facilitated environment, looking at some of the latest guidance for practitioners and, by working interactively, practise skills which will enhance their practice.
MORE INFORMATION TO BE ADDED SOON - SAVE THE DATE!
Location: Sobell House Hospice, Oxford
This day will help participants to :
* Understand the concepts of holistic palliative care and be aware of current guidance for practitioners
* Identify how to deliver good care in their own work environments
* Learn from each other and practise techniques in a safe environment
* Develop confidence in working with people approaching the end of their life
* Appreciate the need for self-care and how this might happen